American Dorper Sheep Breeders' Society
Ewe Lamb Futurity Program
The Ewe Lamb Futurity is designed to encourage ADSBS Junior Members to become involved in the production and promotion of Dorper sheep by showing breeder nominated Dorper and White Dorper ewe lambs. ADSBS members pay a $35 fee to nominate ewe lambs that are sold through public auction. Any nominated ewe lambs purchased by a Junior is eligible to participate and may be exhibited at any show at any level. The nomination fees are pooled together and paid out to participants based on points earned through showing the ewe lamb. See complete rules provided below.
The fiscal year of the ewe lamb futurity is from April 1 of the current year to March 31 of the concurrent year.
Points for both Ewe Lamb Futurity and Bred & Owned Futurity may be reported through the link above. Points submitted online will be updated instantaneously in your ewe lamb's profile.
Changes for 2023-2024
- Eligible animals consist of fall, winter, and spring ewe lambs consigned to any public sale. Ewe lambs may no longer be nominated by private treaty/off the farm.
- There will be five (5) regions with Texas becoming its own region and Georgia and Florida joining the Southeast Region.
Changes for 2023-2024 that apply to both Futurity Programs
- The highest 10 shows per ewe will count as the final points total for that futurity year. Exhibitors are allowed to compete with their ewes in unlimited local, regional, or national shows, but only the highest 10 shows will count towards their final points total.
- Exhibitors can assign double points for any two shows of their choosing and must identify the show as such on the form at time of submission. Only two double points per ewe is allowed.
- Points will only be awarded to the top 10 placing in a class. Any sheep placing outside the top 10 will receive one point.
- A Point Record Form must be submitted within 30 days after a show and have the signature and/or phone number of the superintendent of the appropriate show. If in attendance, the ADSBS Executive Director or a current ADSBS Board Member may serve as an official signature on the Point Record Form if the superintendent is unavailable.
- A Point Record Form may be submitted by electronic form, email or by mail (must be postmarked within 30 days after the show)
Printable PDFs for the Ewe Lamb Futurity:
- ADSBS Ewe Lamb Futurity Rules 2023-2024
- Ewe Lamb Futurity Nomination Form Public Sale
- Ewe Lamb Futurity Point Record Form
Printable PDFs for the Bred & Owned Futurity
- ADSBS Bred and Owned Futurity Rules 2023-2024
- Bred and Owned Futurity Nomination Form
- Bred and Owned Futurity Point Record Form
Bred & Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity Program
The Junior Bred and Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity is designed to recognize ADSBS Junior Members that are building their own flocks and showing ewe lambs out of their own breeding programs. The Junior nominates their bred and owned ewe lamb, shows it and earns points which is then submitted to the ADSBS National Office. The nomination fees are pooled together and paid out to participants based on points earned through showing the ewe lamb. See complete rules provided below.
The fiscal year of the Junior Bred and Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity is from April 1 of the current year to March 31 of the concurrent year.
If you nominate your ewe lamb for the Bred & Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity through the link above you will be invoiced by the ADSBS National Office.
Changes for 2023-2024
- Nomination fee is $25.00 per head.
- Eligibility is open to ewe lambs bred by either a junior member or siblings/stepsiblings, as long as both are junior members who reside in the same household, that owned or co-owned the dam at time of conception.
- Ewe lambs are to be registered in one junior member’s name only. If the dam is co-owned by siblings/stepsiblings, the ewe lamb may only be in one of the Junior members name.