American Dorper Sheep Breeders' Society
There are some exciting changes coming to the American Dorper Sheep Breeders’ Society (ADSBS) Ewe Lamb Futurity Program for the 2022-2023 year!
The Ewe Lamb Futurity
The futurity is designed to encourage the ADSBS Junior Members to become involved in the production and promotion of Dorper sheep and allow junior members an opportunity to compete with breeder nominated Dorper and White Dorper ewe lambs.
Changes for 2022-2023
- Eligible animals consist of fall, winter, and spring ewe lambs consigned to any public sale, now including breeder production sales and online sales.
- Breeders may nominate futurity ewe lambs to be sold by private treaty and pay the nomination fee prior to the date of sale or declare a set number of ewe lambs to be nominated for the futurity and pay the nomination fees by May 1st, whichever comes first.
- The ewe futurity nomination fee is $35 per head. A breeder has the option to nominate their entire ewe lamb line-up for a flat-rate fee of $350. The flat-rate fee must be paid prior to their first sale or May 1st of the current year, whichever comes first.
- Ewe lambs can be shown in any class, including Dorper/ White Dorper, All Other Breeds (AOB), commercial ewe and market lamb classes. The ADSBS is aware that many fairs no longer offer breed classes, this allows more youth to participate in the futurity.
- A Point Record Form must be completed and forwarded to the ADSBS office postmarked or emailed within 30 days after a show.
Forms for Ewe Lamb Futurity
- Ewe Lamb Futurity Nomination Form Private Treaty Flock or Group
- Ewe Lamb Futurity Nomination Form Private Treaty
- Ewe Lamb Futurity Nomination Form Public Sale
- Ewe Lamb Futurity Point Record Form
*New* Junior Bred and Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity
The Junior Bred and Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity is designed to recognize ADSBS Junior Members that are building their own flocks and showing ewe lambs out of their own breeding programs. The fiscal year of the Junior Bred and Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity is from April 1 of the current year to March 31 of the concurrent year.
- The junior member is responsible to nominate their bred and owned fall, winter, and spring ewe lambs prior to first show the exhibitor wants to claim points from.
- Nomination fee is $35.00 per head. There will be no maximum nomination restrictions placed on Junior Bred and Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity entries.
- Eligibility is only open to ewe lambs bred by the junior member who owned the dam at time of conception.
- A junior member can participate by nominating an unlimited number of futurity lambs and earning points on each. However, a junior member may only receive Futurity premiums on a maximum of two ewe lambs. Total point earned on multiple ewes cannot be combined.
- Ewe lambs can be shown in any class, including Dorper/ White Dorper, All Other Breeds (AOB), commercial ewe and market lamb classes.
- Premiums: The ADSBS Junior Bred & Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity is a national competition. There will be a 100% payback (the amount paid in through nominations will be paid out as premiums) Additional premium money will be added by the ADSBS along with the nomination fees. Premiums will be mailed to the winners by ADSBS following the Annual Membership Meeting.
Forms for Bred and Owned Ewe Lamb Futurity
- Production Ewe Form
- 2020 Southern States Youth Show Results
- 2019-2020 Futurity Ewe Lamb Results
- ADSBS Policy on Showing Breeding Dorpers & White Dorpers
- Junior Membership Application
If you prefer, you may request a hard copy of these forms by calling the registry office at 573-696-2550, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ewe Futurity Point Form
Please note: Forms MUST be submitted or postmarked 30 within 30 days of the show.