American Dorper Sheep Breeders' Society
Raymond Read & Colene Vandermerwe, Certified South African Inspectors
Hyder-Burks Agricultural Center, Tennessee Tech University
- Sunday, July 17, 2022
- 12:00 PM - Barn open for sheep to move in
- 6:00 PM - Welcome Event (optional)
- Monday, July 18, 2022 (Junior and Senior Groups Together)
- 8 AM: Classroom Instruction 12-1 PM: Lunch 1-2 PM: Q&A Session 2-6 PM: Typing System
- Tuesday, July 19, 2022 (Split into Junior and Senior Groups)
- 8 AM-6 PM*: Typing and Hands-on Evaluation *Break 1 hour for lunch when schedule allows
- Wednesday, July 20, 2022 (Split into Junior and Senior Groups)
- 8 AM-1 PM: Practical Typing and Pointing
- 1-2 PM: Lunch 2:30 PM: Theory Test (Junior & Senior)
- 3 PM: Junior Practical Test; the course is concluded upon completion
- 3 PM: Senior Practical Test (Typing and Placing)
- Thursday, July 21, 2022
- 8 AM - Senior Oral Exam; Judge's School to follow for those that place 70% or higher on the exam.
- Friday, July 22, 2022
- 7:00 am - Judge's Certification
Disclaimer: The schedule may be subject to change. Any changes will be communicated to students through email and during the course.
Lodging - Mention the code “ADSBS 2022” for the Group Rate at the following hotels
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
1151 S. Jefferson Ave, Cookeville, TN 38501
Contact: Makenzey Brock (931) 525-6668 firstname.lastname@example.org
Discount Rate: 94.00 per night
- Holiday Inn Cookeville
1091 S. Willow Ave, Cookeville, TN 38501
Contact: Samantha Hancher (931) 559-4539 Samantha.email@example.com
Discount: $119 per night
- Comfort Inn & Suites / Comfort Suites / Quality Inn
Contact: Kim Harmon 931-261-6877 firstname.lastname@example.org
Discount: 15% off best available rate.
Must book by July 1, 2022 to receive discount.
The Dorper Breeders' Course and Judges School coincides with the Southern States Dorper Show and Sale July 22-23, 2022. Pens will be available to Course participants if you wish to bring sheep for the sale.